Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Priority and life"



“Priority” the word means something to be considered or done as per the dictionary in my phone. I was wondering such a simple word but as complicated as it is.

What is the importance of the word priority in our life. May be the word is not that important but the meaning of that word in life is much more important. Yes priority is the one thing which drives us in life.

Each and every movement of us is due to the priorities we set. Most of the times its unconscious but many a times it’s a conscious effort only. I know many of you will not agree about what I am saying here. But this I felt when I started realizing the facts which is in and around my day to day life.

All happens coz of this priority set by each one of us. My priority is not your priority and when you expect something think before whether that can be the other person’s priority. When you find out after a cross check, you may find the answer and you will understand why there is only expectations and agony inside rather than the result you expected.

Few days back I was with my friend in Madurai, we had been there for our practical internal exams. It was a weekend and we were there on the info that the exam is on Sunday. Unfortunately they postponed the exam to Monday. He was from Chennai and I went from Cochin just for this internals. I asked him what next?. We were thinking what the best possible option we got in hand. And he said, Swaraj we are going back tonight and let’s leave this exam. I asked him why?. The answer was that’s not our first priority, we got a job in hand to be delivered on time and it wont happen if we are not going back tonight. And yes that was the exact reason we went back, the priority to finish the pending or planned work the next day rather than giving that internals. From that moment this word priority was there in my mind and the effect of it in decision making in our life.

I was thinking of this from many days, how priorities are set by us and how we are acting according to that. I was trying to find out what can be the reasons for many things which are not happening in favor of me. When I left my thoughts to wander I understood. When I am not the priority, how things can work in favor of me. The result will be only expectations and agony.

Understanding this fact is a bit hard coz we are human being with the so called emotions.
But my view is when you realize someone have you as priority, try giving back at least a certain percentage of the priority he/she expects. As the word meaning I mentioned in the beginning it is something to be considered if not done. It does hurts otherwise….
Just adding an sms I got in the morning, "Remember the time we use to say, "Lets meet and plan something". Now are the days where we say, "Lets plan and meet someday". Friends are same just priorities changed". Priorities changes.

My priority for now was to scribble on this topic. I don’t know whether this got some meaning or whether it’s worth reading. But my blog, my time and my thoughts. Let it be this way..

See you again on some other topics which come to my mind…

1 comment: